Which SUV can pull 5000 pounds?
2021* Crossover/SUV towing chart
|Make/Model||Minimum Engine Req. (To get 5,000 lbs.+)||Max. Towing|
|Chevrolet Traverse||3.6L V6||5,000 lbs.|
|Dodge Durango||3.6L V6||6,200 lbs.|
|Ford Explorer||2.3L I-4||5,300 lbs.|
|Honda Passport||3.5L V6||5,000 lbs.|
What small SUV has the highest towing capacity?
The Jeep Grand Cherokee has the highest towing capacity of any small SUV on this list, with 4,500 pounds of capability. This vehicle is capable of hauling certain types of boats. The standard engine option has 184 horsepower with a nine-speed automatic transmission, but a 271-horsepower V6 is available.
What mid size SUV has the highest towing capacity?
Top 10 Best Midsize SUVs for Towing
- 2020 Dodge Durango. Towing capacity: 6,200 to 8,700 lbs. …
- 2020 Land Rover Discovery. Towing capacity: 7,716 to 8,201 lbs. …
- 2020 Land Rover Range Rover Sport. …
- 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE. …
- 2020 Porsche Cayenne. …
- 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee. …
- 2020 Lincoln Aviator. …
- 2020 BMW X5.
What small SUVs can tow 3500lbs?
Towing Capacity: 3,500 pounds. The Toyota RAV4 is one compact SUV that can handle a good size trailer — as long as you buy the right model. The RAV4 was redesigned in 2019 and part of that upgrade was an all-new 203-horsepower 4-cylinder engine.
What size truck do you need to pull 5000 lbs?
Class III. Generally used for full-size vans, trucks, and SUVs, Class III hitches can pull up to 5,000 pounds and withstand a tongue weight of 800 pounds. You might use a Class III hitch to tow a medium or midsize camper or boat.
Can I tow a car with 5000 lbs capacity?
For most trucks, the max towing capacity is 5000 pounds. This means they can handle a small-sized trailer safely, but not the bigger ones. Your trailer should be very easy to tow. … Vehicles with 5000lb towing capacity might be reliable but only to haul a small load.
What vehicles can tow a small camper?
Top 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Ram 3500 Heavy Duty pickup. For absolute maximum pulling power with fifth-wheel trailers, the Ram 3500 Heavy Duty pickup leads the way with a tow rating of 31,200 pounds. …
- Ford F-450. …
- Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD. …
- Ford F-150. …
- Chevrolet Silverado. …
- Nissan Titan XD. …
- Hyundai Santa Fe. …
- Chrysler Pacifica.
What is the most economical towing vehicle?
The 5 Most Economical Towing Vehicle
- Volkswagen Golf (Compact car)
- Jeep Renegade (Subcompact sport utility vehicle)
- Honda HR-V (Subcompact sport utility vehicle)
- Suzuki Jimny (Off-road mini SUVs)
- Peugeot 2008 (Subcompact Crossover SUV)
Which 2021 SUV has the best towing capacity?
The 2021 Ford Expedition has the highest tow rating of any SUV right now with a maximum towing capacity of 9,300 pounds for the standard model (the long-wheelbase Expedition MAX is rated at 9,000 pounds).
What is the best vehicle for towing?
15 of the Best Towing Vehicles That Aren’t Trucks
- Subaru Outback XT – 3,500 lbs.
- Volvo V90 Cross Country – 3,500 lbs.
- Chrysler Pacifica – 3,600 lbs.
- Mercedes-Benz Metris – 5,000 lbs.
- BMW X7 – 7,500 lbs.
- Mercedes-Benz GLE – 7,700 lbs.
- Porsche Cayenne – 7,700 lbs.
- Toyota Land Cruiser – 8,100 lbs.
Which SUV can pull the most weight?
Top 10 SUVs for Towing Capacity
- Ford Expedition: 9,300 pounds.
- Dodge Durango SRT, R/T: 8,700 pounds.
- Lincoln Navigator: 8,700 pounds.
- Nissan Armada: 8,500 pounds.
- Infiniti QX80: 8,500 pounds.
- Chevrolet Tahoe, Chevy Suburban: 8,400 pounds/8,300 pounds.
- GMC Yukon,Yukon XL: 8,400 pounds/8,300 pounds.
What vehicles can tow 3500?
Here is a list of five vehicles with unexpected towing capability.
- 2020 Subaru Outback: Up to 3,500 pounds. …
- 2020 Chrysler Pacifica: Up to 3,600 Pounds. …
- 2019 Chevrolet Volt: Up to 2,000 Pounds (unofficially) …
- 2020 Kia Telluride/Hyundai Palisade: Up to 5,000 Pounds. …
- 2020 Honda Pilot: Up to 3,500 Pounds.
How much weight can a small SUV pull?
Small SUVs can actually be pretty adept at towing trailers. For example, the Chevy Trax, the manufacturers compact SUV, can tow up to 3,500 pounds. This seems to be the standard for many small SUVs, including the Ford Escape, the GMC Terrain, and the Jeep Wrangler.
Which Toyota RAV4 can tow 3500 lbs?
With the proper equipment and performance specifications, including the advanced 2.5L Dynamic Force 4-cylinder DOHC engine, the new Toyota RAV4 can tow up to 3,500 lbs with the Toyota RAV4 Adventure and Toyota RAV4 TRD Off-Road.