Since the rated output power of a motor is a fixed value, speed and torque are inversely related. As output speed increases, the available output torque decreases proportionately.
What does the torque of a motor depend on?
The torque of the DC motor depends on the field flux and magnitude of the armature current. In a separately excited motor, the flux is constant so the torque of the DC motor depends on the armature current. The armature current of the DC motor is very high when the motor starts.
What increases torque in a motor?
The way to increase the torque that the motor delivers, mechanically, would be: To increase the diameter of the wire in the windings (which is to say, completely remanufacture the motor) to have the output shaft coupled to a gear reduction setup, which would lower the final drive rpms, but increase the torque.
What is major factors that affect motor speed and torque?
Factors Affecting Motor Performance
- Voltage of Power Supply.
- Type of Power Supply.
- Winding Specifications.
- Environmental Temperature.
- Type of Magnet.
- Flux Yoke.
How do you get more torque from an electric motor?
The way to increase the torque that the motor delivers, mechanically, would be:
- To increase the diameter of the wire in the windings (which is to say, completely remanufacture the motor)
- to have the output shaft coupled to a gear reduction setup, which would lower the final drive rpms, but increase the torque.
What affects the torque of a DC motor?
Apart from the current through the coil the torque depends on the magnetic field strength. Usually DC motors have permanent magnets ( most commonly used are AlNiCo or SmCo magnets), a higher grade or strength of permanent magnets (like NdFeB) will produce a much higher torque.
Why does torque decrease as speed increases?
But when the speed increase, the torque tends to decrease. This is because the torque is supplied by the current, while faster speeds increase the back emf which not only limits its final speed but blocks incoming current, therefore lowering torque.
How do you increase torque?
An effective modification that will increase torque significantly is to install a turbo or supercharger. Forced induction forces air into your engine, increasing the power the engine provides. Depending on the torque curve you prefer, a turbocharger will need time to spool before it provides torque benefits.
What causes torque to increase?
Torque can be increased in two ways: 1) by increasing the moment arm or 2) increasing the perpendicular force applied to the moment arm. The opposite is true for decreasing torque. If an object is at rest the torques on the object are balanced (they cancel out) and sum of those torques is zero.
What are the factors affecting torque?
Examples: Page 5 Torque is Determined by Three Factors: The magnitude of the applied force. The direction of the applied force. The location of the applied force.
What factors affect efficiency?
Their approaches to affect the energy efficiency are different.
- 3.1. Dry matter intake and production. Dry matter intake (DMI) and production are the direct components of most energy efficiency traits. …
- 3.2. Body weight. …
- 3.3. Body tissue changes. …
- 3.4. Age at first calving (AFC) …
- 3.5. Environmental factors.
How can you increase the efficiency of a motor?
5 ways to improve the efficiency of your electric motor
- Regular inspection. The most common cause of motor failure is low resistance. …
- Protect against electrical overload. …
- Keep cool. …
- Monitor vibration. …
- Protect against contamination.
How do you increase the torque of an AC motor?
There are three ways to improve the starting torque of Single phase induction Motor
- Internal Rotor Resistance. The across the line starting torque at low speed can be increased by increasing the rotor resistance. …
- External Rotor Resistance. …
- Variable Voltage/Frequency.